Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Monkey in the Rain

It rained a lot last night between 11pm and 12am. Not as much as our friends a bit further south in the metroplex, but enough. So while it rained I was talking to my mom about how my grandmother was doing. Then I talked to D about it. Got tired. Its after 12am by now. Say, "I'm going to feed Monkey and then go to bed." Get up off the floor where I was sitting, walk into the kitchen and then, and only then, do I realize that Monkey had been outside the whole time. Oops. I yelled (quietly) "Monkey is outside!" And then we both dashed outside laughing about it. She probably didn't think it too funny, but it was amusing especially at 12am. She was fine. Her tray was full of water so I dumped it and put in dry newspaper and Monkey got rubbed down with a dry towel. She looked funny, but she was alive and well this morning and no worse for the wear. Poor bunny. She didn't know that when the child came home, she got moved down the totem pole. It's been a tough 2 years for her!

1 comment:

Rachel Bostwick said...

Is Monkey a housebunny like you had when we were kids? I never forgot about your bunnies. Lee would really like to get rabbits someday.