Friday, April 17, 2009

90% Coupon Savings!

I did a talk on Tuesday to my MOPS group about using coupons and sales and saving lots on your groceries. I'm hoping some of those people are serious that they'd hire me to actually sit down with them and teach them my techniques. If you're interested, here's what I bought and spent and if you think that's spiffy, you can hire me too! Have a coupon party with me; I'll even teach you how to make a coupon binder which is so much easier to use than any other method.

On Wednesday at Kroger I bought:

1 pkg Juicy Fruit gum
3 Pillsbury brownie mixes
1 bag Kroger tortilla chips
1 bag organic baby carrots
4 bags Quaker Quakes rice cakes
2 bags Birds Eye frozen veggies
2 bottles Suave conditioner
2 bottles Suave shampoo
2 Suave deodorants

Final purchase price: $2.88

I was super excited when I got the ad that morning in the mail because I knew it was going to be a great shopping trip. I actually went back the following day and bought a few more brownie mixes, deodorants and shampoos to put in a box for the food pantry. I've decided that this is a way that I can contribute to those who can't even afford good food without breaking my limited grocery budget. I think on that second trip I only spent about $1 to buy 6 items to donate. And everything was a name brand.
If you already have couponing somewhat down, I can help you to figure out how to stock your cupboard so you can "shop" for dinner from it as well as figure out how to make meals from the sales circulars that actually taste good.

No comments: