Wednesday, July 9, 2008

*!* Birds *@* Squirrels And Other Such Things

Stupid bird or squirrel ate my most recent ripe tomatoes. One looked like it exploded and the other had half missing. Now my tomato plant looks silly because I hung red, shiny Christmas balls all over the place because some garden book I read by an author from Dallas said it'd keep the birds away. Maybe he was just trying to see how many people would have silly looking tomato plants, but I'm going to try it and find out!!!

*** Disclaimer***** If you're a guy you may not want to read the next part!

In a mommy group of mine, I'm the only one going long term for the b*feeding. I'm all about Knox deciding when it's time to finish as long as I'm still happy with it. And I am. A friend of mine who has already finished the b*feeding at about 10mos. remarked to me that when I'm done, she'll help me get out for a well deserved break. I'm happy with her offer, but honestly, I don't see this chapter in life as a challenge or something that I need to relax over when it's over. This chapter in my life is so short, that I'm okay with having to miss things that I could do if I didn't have to basically be with my child most of the time. It's one good reason I'm not planning on a trip this fall even though I really want to go. I don't know if we'll be done with this chapter and I don't want to rush it. Am I trying to hold onto babyhood or something? I don't think so. I don't see anything wrong with continuing what we're doing. It makes him happy, it's good for him, I'm happy with it. I know I'm in the minority USA wise, but I really don't care. I'm an anti shots, granola eating, cloth grocery bagging, child lead weaning mommy and proud of it.

No comments: