Sunday, November 2, 2008

Hashimoto!

Isn't that fun to say? Hashimoto. Come on, say it out loud, fun, isn't it? I mean, it's great to get diagnosed with something that is actually fun to say. Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. Tons of fun.
I finally found a doctor that I like! Never mind that I was there for THREE HOURS. But, he is into holistic medicine and it makes me happy! He actually believes in propolous for the immune system! Go figure. God made things that can help us feel better? No way! I like God made cures for things. Even my new medication isn't synthetic. Yay! Oh and for more giggles, his first name is Vladamir (like Dracula) and I saw him on Halloween, and they took blood. hahaha.
Basically after I had Knox, my immune system went crazy and as my doctor said, "Your immune system woke up and it was like it got a machine gun and went Boom! Boom! Boom! and it shot your thyroid." Even the way it happened is amusing. This explains why my allergies have been something awful this past year. My immune system is just trying to hold it all together. I'm surprise that I didn't get really sick this year. I think all I've had was a cold or two. Yay for washing hands and eating healthy. So basically it will slowly deteriorate throughout my life. Oh well. It could be worse. Well, potentially it could be. Type One Diabetes and Celiac Disease are related to Hashimotos so hopefully I don't get either one. I haven't figured out which causes which others so maybe I don't have to worry. That's a question I'll need to ask next time I spend the afternoon at the doc's office. But seeing as I can pretty much understand his English despite his Russian/Ukrainian accent, he's into holistic medicine, and he actually TALKED to me, I'm a very happy Hashimoto Thyroiditis individual. It doesn't take much to make me happy these days!

1 comment:

Rachel Bostwick said...

How's this working out? is the medicine keeping it under control?